Monday, June 6, 2011

Homemade Potpourri

So today I felt like being a little creative with the flowers that my hunny bought me for Mother’s day. (I know you’re probably asking yourself why I have month old flowers lying around!) I always wanted to make really pretty, good smelling potpourri and decided to use my dried up flowers to do so.

What you need:
Flowers of your choice
Scented oil
Ziploc bag

.::Step one: Acquire some flowers! If you have a garden with flowers, it would be cheapest to pick a few. I used the bouquet from mother’s day, and let the flowers dry by themselves for a few weeks. If you’re feeling a little impatient and want to do this as soon as possible then wait a few days until your flowers are sort of wilted. Then preheat your oven to 150-200 or so, place your flowers on a baking rack, and bake for ten minutes until a little crispy!

 .::Step two:  Put your dried flowers in a plastic zip bag and pour a few drops of scented oil into it. Give the flowers a little toss, but be careful not to crush or smoosh up your flowers.

.::Step three:  I zipped up my baggy up and am waiting a week or two to let the flowers soak up the oil and start smelling good!

.::Result:  


Here are a few resources to use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edrxjoOcE_8
http://www.ehow.com/how_2050908_make-potpourri.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment