Friday, June 17, 2011

Cheap Dinner Idea


Josh and I went to the local Fiesta Mart the other day to pick up some things and we stopped by the meat section of the store to check out their prices. They had an awesome deal on pre-marinated chorizo, for $1.99/lb. There are a couple of places around the Dallas area where you can get meat for cheap that is marinated in deliciousness and ready to cook, we usually go to La Michoacana.
We ended up getting a little under a pound of the chorizo, which is perfect for us because I'm only cooking for two. I made little Mexican Pizzas with the meat.

To make the meal I used: tostadas, refried beans- you can get them for cheap or $.99, chorizo- $1.99, homemade salsa verde, and sour cream. If you already have corn tortillas, you can fry them up yourself and save some money.

 
They were delicious! The salsa verde helped balance out the spiciness of the sausage. I'm going to use the left overs for breakfast tacos tomorrow! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment